Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I have thought and have concluded that it may not be as good as I think. There are certain things I

<
Today I got stuck on zettermark.blogg.se. This blog is about everything to do with feminism, caramel color ingredients power structures, etc. to do. Some of the posts I thought were interesting. She is very nuanced, and what she writes is well thought out. But after reading caramel color ingredients for a few minutes, I started thinking "oh my God, so tiring." Then I started to wonder why I thought so. Is it because I am a man? Is it because I secretly, subconsciously, want to maintain the patriarchal power structures? Or am I just jealous of her dedication, her ambition to change? I think it's because of her tendency to locate problems. But is not it good to highlight problems then? Yes, but sometimes they are so hard and so intensely for a scapegoat to see things that are not there. Take this with Twilight as an example. In a post lamenting her over the books message. "It's bad enough with tales that involves brides greatest achievement in life is always to get a man, but not like Twilight ends there: You should become apathetic in a year if he leaves caramel color ingredients you and find it fat hot to he wants to kill you. Friends are nothing compared to the man in your life - he is EVERYTHING .... I feel really bad that this is what young girls read and love. Certainly, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter was not always fantastic tales to grow up with that girl, but they encouraged at least not actively sure you would set up on rape, customize your whole life for a guy when you're 17 and just be an object of men's desires, and then call it love. " While this is a fairly accurate description of what the story is about, caramel color ingredients but What? "Encourage"? caramel color ingredients The book uppmuntar well not to anything? It is not textbooks. It is novels. Writing a story is not the same as actively encouraging people to take after the main characters in the book. The author never wrote any contract that all the characters in the book should be good role models. "But readers will be the impact of the content anyway, whether it was the author's intention or not!" Yes, maybe they are, and that is WHERE is the problem! People! Not books! IF this is so that young girls are influenced by Twilight and learns that rape is okay, well then you just try to teach people to see the difference between fiction and reality. As she writes in the end of the post: "My children have read Twilight, but not without that we have long, exhaustive conversation about the difference between romance, violence and stereotypes about gender." WHERE is the solution, not just for Twilight-related problems, but also to type all phenomena that line up in the blog. Twilight, Willie focus, pink clothes, or whatever it may be, is not a problem as long as we do not let them control our actions. It is in our brains we should root, not the fantasy shelf. Then I find it refreshing and funny when a woman may take place, be strong and possess starring in a movie or book, but it's not like I'm dying of boredom and just see the world, systematically women's oppressive conspiracy every time a man's action hero and the woman sexy appendage. It is what it is. A movie. And I will not let the movie influence my actions or thoughts in such a way that it counteracts equality. That would be just stupid.
And we create these gender roles by themselves, totally unaffected caramel color ingredients by the society we live in? Whole unaffected by the literature and the media? The author does not say actively caramel color ingredients to the reader that all of that is ok. But she problematizes not. There are no discussion because, in her context is quite obvious. I do not look too hard, I just open ögonen.Böckerna is crap. And they are right to the undifferentiated and unreflective reproduce medieval ideals. Clean poo!
Agree with Elin. Liked Twilight before, but after reading some feminist reflections and thinking a bit myself caramel color ingredients so I too have come to the conclusion that they suck a bit. I still think both the movies and the books are entertaining, but it is another thing. And it is as you say, it's not a problem until it affects caramel color ingredients us. And are you just KNEW it's easier to resist whatever caramel color ingredients the media feeds us day in and day out. But unfortunately I do not think the millions of teenage girls who adore Twilight is so aware (yet).
Eh? Look hard and intense? And had it not have been better not to have to talk about the negative patterns that replicated after every movie, book, etc.? I mean if you are now thinking "oh my God, so tiring" had it's been fine if it was not necessary. Moreover, it is not enough to be aware. It's easy to fall into the safe, accepted pattern anyway. caramel color ingredients To believe that we are not affected, caramel color ingredients it is what is stupid.
I have thought and have concluded that it may not be as good as I think. There are certain things I want to emphasize, and some things I want to stand by. St.

No comments:

Post a Comment